This is in accordance with the EU directive; GDPR, and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Our Company: WR Meats Ltd t/a Reed’s Family Butchers
Our Business Premises: 37 St John’s Way, Corringham, Essex, SS17 7NA
Our Website: www.ReedsButchers.co.uk
Our Social Media Channels: Official accounts of Reed’s Family Butchers on third-party sites such as Facebook and Instagram.
Our Payment Processors: The payment gateways used on Our Website at the checkout. Currently PayPal and Stripe.
Cookies: Small files stored on your web browser for various reasons such as functionality and visitor tracking.
What Data Do We Collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
- Personal identification data (name, email address, postal address, phone number etc).
- Purchase history data.
- Communications data.
- Website use data.
Why Do We Collect Your Data?
Your personal data will only ever be collected with your consent.
We also collect non-personal data via cookies to track visitor behaviour to Our Website.
When you arrive at Our Website and you click on “Accept All Cookies” you are consenting to this data being collected.
You may refuse these cookies by clicking “Refuse all non-essential cookies”.
No tracking data will be collected until you consent.
How Do We Collect Your Data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect and process data when you:
- Use Our Website via your browser’s cookies.
- Create an account on Our Website.
- Make a purchase on Our Website.
- Join the email mailing list on Our Website.
- Contact us via the contact form on Our Website.
- Contact us via Our Social Media Channels.
- Visit us at Our Business Premises.
- Phone us at Our Business Premises.
How Will We Use Your Data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Process your orders and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers for products we think you may like (if signed up to our email mailing list)
- Monitor the behaviour of consenting visitors to Our Website via third-party applications such as Google Analytics.
When Our Company processes your order, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
We do not store, nor have access to, your credit/debit card details when you make a payment on Our Website. You provide this information to Our Payment Processors and they inform us whether or not the payment was successful.
How Do We Store Your Data?
All information provided to Our Company via Our Website will be stored on a secure web server. Purchase information may be download for secure storage in Our Business Premises or that of our accountant.
All information provided to us via Our Social Media Channels will be stored with the respective social media channels.
All information provided to us in-store or over the phone will be securely stored in our office at Our Business Premises.
Do We Share Your Data?
We do not sell any of your personal data. However, to be able to provide our services to you and run our business, we may share your data with third parties in the following categories:
- Third parties involved in processing payments for Our Website known as Our Payment Processors.
- Third parties that provide us with professional services such as advertising partners, web hosting providers, business consultants etc.
- Law enforcement and other government authorities. eg. HMRC
How Long Do We Store Your Data?
We never keep your data longer than is necessary. The length of time we store your data depends on the type of data collected, your consent, and our legal obligations as a business.
Information regarding your purchases will be stored for 6 years from the end of the financial year in which the transaction took place. It is our legal obligation to keep these records for tax purposes.
Unless you provide consent for further contact during your enquiry, we will keep your information for as long as it required to respond to your enquiry, plus up to 1 year before deleting your information.
We store visitor activity information gathered on Our Website for 6 years. This data will be deleted after this time.
We will store your email address for as long as you consent to be on our mailing list. You may unsubscribe from this list at any time. There is a link at the bottom of every email we send to you as part of the mailing list.
Under the Data Protection legislation, data subjects have the following rights with regards to their personal information:
- the right to be informed about the collection and the use of their personal data.
- the right to access personal data and supplementary information.
- the right to have inaccurate personal data rectified, or completed if it is incomplete.
- the right to erasure (to be forgotten) in certain circumstances.
- the right to restrict processing in certain circumstances.
- the right to data portability, which allows the data subject to obtain and reuse their personal data for their own purposes across different services.
- the right to object to processing in certain circumstances.
- rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- the right to withdraw consent at any time (where relevant).
- the right to complain to the Information Commissioner.
The Data Controller responsible for your personal information is:
WR Meats Ltd t/a Reed’s Family Butchers,
37 St John’s Way,
You have the right to raise any issues or concerns directly with the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office by clicking here.
What Is A Cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that we store on your web browser to collect and store information about your visit.
When you visit Our Website, we may store a number of cookies on your browser.
Some are required for the site to function, some are non-essential but may help us enhance your experience visiting our site.
As mentioned, some cookies are essential for the site to function. These include cookies that remember who is logged in, what is in your shopping basket as well as your cookie preferences.
Some cookies are not required for the site to function, but allow us to monitor visitor behaviour in order to spot ways to improve the overall experience on our site.
Google Analytics is an example of a non-essential cookie, however, by allowing us to track your visitor behaviour, we are able to make improvements to the user experience on Our Website.
Consenting To Cookie Use
When you first visit our site you have the option to “Accept all cookies” which will include non-essential cookies such as visitor tracking cookies.
You always have the option to refuse non-essential cookies by clicking “Refuse all non-essential cookies”.
By default, we do not track your visit. Only once you have given us consent.
You are able to block all cookies on your browser, however, many things will not work on Our Website and it is unlikely you will be able to contact us or make a purchase through the site without enabling cookies in your browser.